Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, WIRED, The New Yorker, Pitchfork, Teen Vogue, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, W, Golf Digest, Ars Technica, and Them. Condé Nast's Product Development team builds digital experiences that reach millions of users around the world everyday and services that deliver intelligent, relevant content to reach our users when and where they want it most.
Staff Engineers are charged with making sure product development objectives coalesce into a modern architecture that is easy to reason about, to maintain, and opens up future opportunities.
- Owns key product and/or technology areas and the engineering solutions in that area
- Has primary responsibility for technical solutioning and communication
- Owns technical planning for their product areas
- Leads long-term strategic planning for systems
- Ensures product needs are implemented in a way that aligns with long term technology strategy
- Provides high level work estimates when needed
- Writes technical specs and diagrams
- Reviews pull requests and gives feedback on implementations
- Mentors EMs and engineers on best practices
- Leads regular architecture reviews and updates
- Interviews candidates for product development teams
- Contributes to career pathing standards and documentation
- Creates a positive working environment
- Hands-on coding: 20-50%
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership and technical achievement on major public or CN initiatives
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.