Avantik is currently seeking an experienced biomedical Field Service Technician/Engineer to join our growing operation. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who excels in fixing technical issues and providing top notch customer service. This person should be based in/around the Boston area and must be capable of providing troubleshooting, diagnosis, preventative maintenance and more on histology/pathology equipment in hospital labs, reference labs, surgery centers and private office labs.
- 2-3 years of related experience; preferably in one of the following areas: pathology, histology or cytology.
- Capable of working in a time sensitive, high pressure environment and interact with customers and build rapport.
- Self-starter, ability to follow procedures, strong communication skills and team player.
- Strong problem solver.
- Extensive travel around New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania as well as occasionally out of state is required.
- Qualified candidates must have a valid driver license and be willing to complete a background check.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Respond to priority service calls and perform on-site repairs at client locations.
- Assist customers with issues and/or questions as needed.
- Help customers in developing procedures to streamline processes or fix user-related issues.
- Evaluate client labs for additional service opportunities.
- Generate equipment sales/service/repair leads, and watch for potential consumable solutions, by attentively observing client needs while on-site.
- Complete field and/or shop repairs and compile and review paperwork. Send paperwork to customer and dispatcher for service call location as repairs/calls are completed.
- Maintain inventory of parts. Identify parts needed for repairs. Send in parts requests as needed. Request min/max adjustments based on usage.
- Conduct biannual inventory management of parts and supplies.
- Report service issues and/or customer feedback to Executive Director, Business Development. Respond to needs of colleagues in the event a service call extends into overtime and/or multiple days.
- Follow up with Service Coordinator to ensure service documentation is up to date and complete.
- Maintain an organized service vehicle.
- Generate shop repair quotes and perform repairs upon customer approval.
Avantik is an integrated medical products and services company, delivering quality equipment, consumables and service to anatomic pathology, Mohs and on-site pathology laboratories nationwide. We help hospital histology laboratories, clinical laboratories, and physician offices focus on what matters most - having everything under control in their laboratory to enable quality, fast and accurate diagnoses for optimal patient care.
Avantik offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K and more.
Learn more at www.avantik-us.com.
Avantik is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding, domestic partnership status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, liability for service in the United States armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- mechanical: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)