Do you want more out of life? Do you enjoy outdoor activities such as golf, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, kayaking, boating, water skiing, downhill and cross-country skiing? Come join Central Wisconsin’s premier engineering consulting firm.
Pearl Engineering has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer. Must have a BS from a top-tier engineering school and a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience. A P.E. license is required. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment solving complex problems and enjoy the variety and independence that comes with a consulting career. Experience working in the pulp
& paper, food processing, building products or chemical processing industries is a plus.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to complex industrial manufacturing process and equipment problems.
- Provide engineering support in industrial operations and maintenance areas to troubleshoot, identify and resolve technical problems.
- Specification of process equipment and components and design of process systems.
- Prepare construction bid packages including Scope of Work (SOW) and estimating documents.
- Prepare proposal documents.
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project team members.
- Work with clients, contractors, and suppliers.
- Provide on-site construction support.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of process systems and equipment design.
- Ability to develop system P&IDs.
- Ability to develop system line and device lists.
- Familiarity with process piping controls and instrumentation.
- Strong knowledge of piping layout design including static and dynamic analysis for stress.
- Familiarity with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 codes is preferred.
- Familiarity with ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel code.
- Familiarity with API 620 and 650.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems including controls and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with Bentley AutoPIPE and Pipe Flow Software is preferred.
- Familiarity with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software is preferred.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit computer design software is preferred.
- Ability to interpret 3D laser scan data is preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Project management abilities.
- Fundamental economic skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, and communication skills.
Located in Central Wisconsin Pearl Engineering provides Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and
Structural Engineering, Project and Construction Management; Productivity and LEED® Consultation;
and Safety Consultation to create innovative solutions to complex problems for our industrial, commercial, and agricultural clients. Come grow with us!
Please direct your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Pearl Engineering Corporation
PO Box 425
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off