SoundTraxx, located in Durango, CO, is a well-established design and manufacturer of state-of-the-art electronics for the model train industry. Our innovative product line offers sound, lighting and other DCC technologies including digital sound decoders, mobile decoders, lighting decoders, installation accessories, and speakers. Since 1990, SoundTraxx has been developing the latest innovative electronics for discriminating model railroaders.
As our Embedded Systems Engineer, you will design, develop, test and document new software, firmware and hardware systems for SoundTraxx products. Our products are multi-faceted and you will get to work in the areas digital audio processing, motor control and data communications. You will also support, maintain and improve existing designs. In addition to product development with an emphasis on design-for-manufacturability, you will provide engineering support to the production floor. Reporting to the R&D Manager, you will help drive product innovation and become an instrumental member of our team as we continue to grow our business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 2-5 years of Embedded Systems Engineering experience,
- Must have a proven track record of designing products built in a medium volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work onsite in our new facility in Durango, CO. We are very open to candidates willing to relocate to Durango.
- US Citizen or permanent US status required. No student or work visas.
- Participate in collecting, developing and analyzing design requirements.
- Analyze problems in design, recommend and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Design, document and test hardware from the component level up with a focus on design-for-manufacturability.
- Develop code, test and debug to meet system requirements. Analyze and enhance the efficiency and stability of system resources.
- Provide input to project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Create test protocols and end-of-line test requirements, perform design validation testing and participate in external testing for EMC and ESD compliance. Collect data and prepare reports.
- Champion all documentation: time, cost and resource estimates, issue or respond to Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), update Source Control Documents (SCDs), update processes, and maintain other Engineering documentation.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineer and provide technical support and recommendations to enhance production and quality control.
- Hands-on experience with development and troubleshooting of both hardware and software for embedded targets.
- Experience designing and creating requirement specifications, test plans and protocols.
- Must have experience with analog circuit design, digital hardware design, PCB layout (Altium a plus) and single-chip micro-controllers.
- Solid programming experience using structured software design with C or C++.
- Experience ensuring software quality, participating in code reviews, working with coding standards.
- Familiar with configuration management, defect tracking, and version control tools.
- Working knowledge of PCBA manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience and/or knowledge of digital signal algorithm development is desired.
- Experience with sound recording and editing is helpful.
- Attention to detail with good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
- Possess a high level of drive, energy and integrity.
- Good time management, scheduling and prioritization skills with ability to make effective decisions.
A competitive wage will be offered to the successful candidate along with a benefits package which includes a fully-paid health care plan and free onsite fitness room.
To Apply: Please submit a current resume, salary requirements, cover letter, and references.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- Surface Mount Technology: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- C/C++: 5 years (Preferred)
- Embedded Software: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative