Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to design and building state-of-the-art laser manufacturing systems and optical metrology tools,
- Collect and develop user specifications and product requirements, and ensure the design meets the user needs through requirements analysis, development and management
- When applicable, support the design review and phase gate process to ensure that engineering deliverables are at the appropriate level to meet FDA/ISO requirements & standards,
- Plan and execute the testing of prototypes or finished products to verify design requirements are met, to establish criteria or limits for product specifications are consistent with the intended use of the product, or to assure established specifications are consistently met or exceeded by in-process and finished product manufacturing and test processes.
- Assist with developing standardized procedures for the operation of manufacturing equipment and develop standardized analysis techniques to understand system performance and qualification
- Produce written reports on system performance, progress, and troubleshooting, and
- Develop and deliver presentations detailing design plans and build progress
- Where applicable, operate within design controls to comply with FDA and other regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Optics, Physics, Applied Physics, or related field,
- Experience with optical systems, including mounting, alignment, and handling of optical components,
- Experience in system design, analysis, and construction, including full system integration,
- Previous experience with developing and executing test plans, and documenting results, or experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with common electrical, electronic, software, mechanical, and optical diagnostic tools, and
- Familiarity with GD&T, CAD, and computational analysis software.
- Experience with highly regulated engineering environments (e.g. medical, defense, aerospace, etc.),
- Experience with high powered lasers and/or ultrafast lasers, and/or
- Experience with automation systems, including systems to automate part handling, part identification, part sorting, and/or data handling.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
The physical environment of this role is well-suited for protecting employees from COVID-19. Our office is well-equipped with PPE.
- Systems Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location