Elign Consulting is hiring a Senior Network Architect in St. Paul or Duluth, MN.
This position will design, develop, and maintain a secure retail network environment. The Senior Network Architect acts as a thought leader for the organization's network vision and goals.
- Conceptualizes voice and data network architecture by identifying business requirements, designs, prototypes, testing activities, and training. Develops overall network standards, guidelines, best practices, and approved network techniques and approaches. Performs modeling and planning of networks. Maximizes network efficiencies.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in network planning, design, implementation, and optimization. Evaluates and recommends effective products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet architectural and business requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes existing network infrastructure and the ability of the infrastructure to support strategic organizational objectives and goals. Develops network technology roadmaps.
- Develops testing and implementation strategies. Troubleshoots and diagnoses network problems. Identifies operational opportunities and gaps. Implements solutions that solve network challenges while meeting business objectives. Advises on risk assumptions for any variances granted. Provides alternatives as needed to achieve desired end results.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and testing, as well as actual disasters or emergency events, by working in collaboration with security and other teams to create and maintain a secure infrastructure.
- Acts as a thought leader for the organization's network vision and goals. Gains insights and anticipates customer pain points, challenges, and needs. Identifies business value opportunities for customers, partners, and key stakeholders in all retail business units. Seeks to deliver quality solutions.
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations, changing priorities, and disruptive technologies. Participates in the processes for innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge. Takes the initiative to experiment with new ideas and technologies.
- Contributes to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and ITS leaders. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors, including accountability, ethics, and best-in-class customer service. Contributes to a culture of trust and transparency by sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately.
- Supports the vision for Network Engineering. Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for the network architecture. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS.
· Adheres to the company’s ITIL practices for Incident, Change and Problem Management.
· Publishes technology roadmaps for technology lifecycle; prepares capital plans
· Prepares operational budgets and spend tracking, as well as key management reporting for system operations.
· Works with service or software providers and develops system and process documentation.
· Remains highly adaptable - Due to the changing nature of priorities in supporting business users, this role requires high adaptability.
· Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The candidate for the position of Senior Network Architect must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Eight years of experience in one of the following fields: network engineering or network architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of LAN, WAN, MAN, wireless, VoIP, and cloud networking protocols.
- Strong working knowledge of spine-and-leaf architecture.
- Experience architecting scalable, diverse, and complex networks.
- Expert understanding of routing and switching, system administration, and security.
- Ability to create presentation materials, generate reports, and present to appropriate stakeholders, including leadership. Ability to explain advanced concepts to engineers, peers, and leadership.
- Ability to collaborate across a large, diverse organization and effectively communicate or negotiate with others.
- Experience working in a project-based environment, including the ability to report on project status, evaluate project risks, and escalate project issues.
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Network Architect has the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in one of the following fields: network engineering or network architecture.
- One or more of the following certifications: CCIE, OSCP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or equivalent certification.
With a passion for enabling and empowering consultants and companies to evolve for the better, Elign is a certified Women and Minority owned business that strives to help people bring their business values and goals to fruition.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1.00 /hour
- architecting scalable, diverse, and complex networks: 1 year (Required)
- network engineering or network architecture: 8 years (Required)
- LAN, WAN, MAN, wireless, VoIP, and cloud networking protocol: 1 year (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job