Standard Work Locations:
Softrim office in Estero, FL and the places of Softrim clients’ businesses.
Vice President of Information Services
Other employees, vendors, & clients
- English language (fluent) required
- Associates Degree (certificate) in information systems or relevant field of study preferred
OR equivalent work experience
- CompTIA Net+, Sec+ or current MCSE: Core infrastructure preferred
- 7+ years of relevant I.T. experience
- Valid Florida or Georgia Driver’s license and current automobile insurance required
Expected to maintain on-call availability on a recurring basis.
Business casual. Collared, non-logoed shirt (or Softrim-logoed shirt), full-length slacks with belt, dress-casual shoes with dress socks. No shorts. Female workers may substitute a skirt and/or pantsuit or business suit. Facial hair must be kept short and trimmed neatly. No facial piercings. Excessively large ear-rings or visible tattoos may have to be removed/concealed at the discretion of management. Must maintain superior personal hygiene, appear in clean clothing, and be presentable at all times.
- Implement positive change at client businesses and within the Softrim network.
- Architect and maintain advanced networking solutions at all OSI layers including switching, routing, packet inspection, bandwidth management, application control, authentication/network access, data recovery, remote access, and virtualization.
- Architect, install and maintain servers, appliances, & software solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex networking problems and optimize the efficiency of interconnected networks across a variety of transports and topologies.
- Work with business development team members to create specifications for new technology solutions.
- Mentor and assist less experienced members of the team.
- Act as an escalation point for remote support personnel, I.T. Specialists & other team members.
- Monitor network performance using standardized tools.
- Maintain a superior understanding of networking, storage, server and client operating systems, Active Directory, wireless and wireline connectivity, and security/intrusion tools high availability solutions, and network protocols.
- Assist other team members with appointments, projects, and requests.
- Record all time and notes for work performed in accordance with company standards.
- Utilize excellent grammar in written communication and impeccable courtesy and professionalism in all interpersonal communication.
- Protect the interests and reputation of the company through superior personal conduct on and off the job.
- Attend all required meetings and functions as directed by management.
- Maximize billable status for work performed.
- Train and share knowledge with peers.
- Adhere to and espouse all company policies.
- Others as directed by management.
- Non-disclosure & non-solicit
- Drug-free workplace
- Equal-opportunity employment
- At-will employment
- Background check
- Firewall appliances
- Encryption Certificates
- Operating systems
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Objects
- Network Security
- Switching and Routing
- Storage Systems
- Network Monitoring Tools
- Remote support
- Backup and recovery
- Business Continuity & Power Management
- Penetration Testing