Title Controls Engineer
Reports to Maintenance Manager
· Research, design, develop, test, repair or supervise/perform the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for repeatability and reproducibility in a manufacturing environment
Summary of essential job functions
- Prepare technical drawings and/or specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Confer with TTD Leadership, customers, vendor or suppliers to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for manufacturing purposes.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Assist in investigating customer complaints with Operations to determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assist in troubleshooting machinery in the facility.
- Assist other departments as required.
- Authority to stop production in the event unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or equivalent from four (4) year college or technical school; or ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley Processors or equivalent, Panasonic/Fanuc Robots and other devices and/or equipment used in the manufacturing process of a high-volume metal stamping facility.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge & experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical
- Meet or exceed the job requirements of the job.
- Identified candidates must be able to work overtime (daily, weekends and holidays).
Must be willing to be hands-on out in the plant. Must be willing to work with the maintenance department on projects from cradle-to-grave.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance