Project Engineer / Reno
Our Reno practice is growing, with a steadily increasing client base and backlog of work. We’re seeking a talented engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us grow this thriving office.
As a Project Engineer in our Reno office you will be involved in a variety of water, wastewater, civil, and environmental projects for mining companies, municipalities, special districts, utilities, and private companies, primarily in northern Nevada. You’ll start by tackling projects we have in hand, working with our existing resources to help see them through to completion. You’ll work with our team to help build relationships, and help develop new business. As we grow, you’ll be part of a team of professionals who plan, conceive, design, permit, and manage construction for a wide range of infrastructure projects related to our natural and built environments. Your specific responsibilities in this position will include the following:
- Provide engineering support through lifecycle of projects, including development of engineering plans, specifications, reports, permit applications, etc.
- Prepare, evaluate and peer review engineering drawings, details, construction specifications, and contract documents; help to oversee bid phases and procurement.
- Work independently, and with other staff (including sub- consultants) on various design, permitting, and construction management tasks.
- Support coordination with clients and regulatory agencies to help fulfill various permit requirements.
- Perform field work and construction observation.
- Help to develop and adhere to project scopes, schedules and budgets. Support communication with client, project team, and subs to make changes when appropriate.
- Support business development by working with team members to meet with clients, identify and evaluate opportunities, and prepare proposals. Help grow business development program.
- Enhance company performance with technical and business solutions that integrate innovative approaches, value, and risk management.
- Develop collaborative and productive relationships inspiring those around you.
- Report to, and work seamlessly with supervisor in all of the above.
Who We’re Looking For (Qualities and Qualifications)
We’re looking for someone with the following Qualities:
- Great Attitude! ...and can maintain it under pressure.
- Strong Aptitude for (and interest in) learning - about our work, and our business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for solving problems, and engineering solutions.
- Detail- and quality-oriented. Believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right!
- Responsible – follows through on actions, meets deadlines, and communicates progress.
- Adaptable – solves problems on the fly, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Team player – comfortable coordinating with team to ensure project needs are met.
- Excellent communicator – knows how, what, and when to communicate.
At a minimum, you will need the following Qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (or related field),
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Nevada (or have the ability to obtain such a license within three months), and
- 4-8 years of civil engineering experience.
Forsgren Associates offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the additional benefits of being an employee-owned company and sharing in the company’s success.
We respect the personal needs of our employees, and actively promote a healthy work / life balance. Empowering our team members to succeed, we reward them for their success.
Who We Are
Forsgren Associates is an employee-owned, multi-discipline civil engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides planning, permitting, design, and construction management services for infrastructure improvement projects. Since 1962, we have been promoting responsible development by protecting and enhancing civil infrastructure... cost-effectively, promptly, and sustainably. As a result, over the past 57 years we have grown steadily to over 100 employees in 16 offices across 10 states. As we serve our growing list of clients throughout the western U.S., we continue to grow as a company. Join us. We are committed to engineering stronger communities. www.Forsgren.com
Title: Project Engineer
Location(s): Reno, NV
Employment Type: Full-time / Hourly
Forsgren Job ID: REN – PE4 – 011420
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to. Please reference the Job Title and Forsgren Job ID in the subject line.
Forsgren Associates will not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters.
No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is subject to close at any time. Forsgren Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative