Uphold Kodiak Aircraft values and mission and assure high quality aircraft by; effectively and accurately programming CNC machines, using the appropriate software and tools and performing machine operation as necessary.
- Pull engineering models from Team Center and transfer to NX.
- Require programming/operation of the CNC mills, Router, and manual mill and lathe.
- Create stock blanks.
- Query models to identify tooling requirements to support CNC machines.
- Create tool paths within NX.
- Utilize 3-D verification system to ensure accuracy.
- Post program to CNC machine.
- Deliver setup sheets to CNC operators and ensure understanding.
- Follow-up and correct programming issues.
- Operate machines as required such as; Router, Vertical Mill, Horizontal Mill, Manual Mill, Manual Lathe.
- Perform deburring function utilizing various deburr tools.
- Perform basic machine maintenance.
- Inspect quality using precision measuring equipment and record results on the Operator Self Verification forms.
- Perform Team Center maintenance and data management.
- Train and mentor machine shop crew as requested by the Machine Shop Manager.
- Interface with CNC operators and engineering department.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, or equivalent processes and procedures including; 5S disciplines.
- Support manufacturing performance and productivity improvement and mandated TAKT Time.
- Support and apply safety and environmental regulations.
- Communicate with other departments and venders of Kodiak.
- Work to and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to: wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Daher - Kodiak Aircraft Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Daher - Kodiak Aircraft Company is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion for equal employment and advancement opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Daher - Kodiak Aircraft Company participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If you need assistance or unable to use our online application process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resource Department by phone at (208)263-1111.
Experience and Education:
- NX Programing and Modeling - Ability to model and program for CNC Lathe and Milling machines, within NX Cam.
- Machine Familiarity and Setup - Ability to setup/operate CNC and Manual Lathe and Milling machines.
- Material Knowledge – Understanding raw materials and related machinability (specifically aluminum).
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communication - Talking to others to convey information effectively within and outside Kodiak.
- Teamwork – Working with and communicating to machine shop crew and other teams and departments within and outside Kodiak.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); minimum 2 years’ experience in CNC operation, 2 years’ experience in machine setup and programming from 3D CAD drawings.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify, develop solutions and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to compliment data and designs work flows and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Smell - Regularly
- Talk or hear - Frequently
- Sit – Occasionally
- Stand or walk - Frequently
- Reach with hands or arms - Frequently
- Reach with hands and arms – Occasionally to Regularly
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl - Occasionally
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds – Frequently
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds - Regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds – Rarely
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds - Rarely
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Finger Dexterity - The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.