At KwiKom, we connect people to Internet and Phone service in-town and in rural communities with fixed wireless and fiber optic technologies. As an Outside Plant Technician you will play a vital role in the continued stability and growth of our organization.
- Dispatch from our construction headquarters daily in a company provided vehicle.
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards. Read and follow design engineers' instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried and aerial telecom facilities in records, maps and in the field with clarity and detail.
- Create complete close out documentation for all installed infrastructure.
- Maintain inventory of necessary materials and tools for company vehicles.
- Recognize, practice, and ensure safety rules and procedures.
- Keep company vehicles clean and maintained.
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Voluntary 401k with Company Match
- Free KwiKom Internet and Home Phone (where available)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate accountability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Candidate must be willing to reside in or near Iola, Kansas. Please do not apply if you are unable to relocate at the onset of employment.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends occasionally as required for callouts, emergency locates, or emergency repairs.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Driver's License (Required)
- Class A CDL (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place