Wangner Itelpa I LLC
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors as well as for animal feed and biomass pelleting.
Other important business segments include automation and service business.
The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of approximately 25,400 employees. ANDRITZ operates more than 250 sites in over 40 countries.
Job summary / Introduction
ANDRITZ provides a comprehensive product portfolio for special industries all over the world. With its technologies and service solutions, ANDRITZ is the world leader in all major business areas. Customized solutions are the key to success.
Detailed job description
- Located in North America*
- Employee will Reside in Alpharetta, GA and travel 50%
- Provide process support and process control support to a Pulp and/or Paper Mill
- Coordinate with the Regional Manager to prioritize activities to support the customer
- Conduct project alignment meetings whenever necessary with mill employees
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Determine the main causes of process variation: control problems, process disturbances, limitations of the plant, instrumentation or valves faults, control loop tuning, etc.
- Propose and execute changes in process controls and interlocks
- Design and implement advanced controls with the assistance of the Regional Manager and various technical resources
- Work with Regional Manager and other technical resources to review data analysis using Andritz software
- Consolidate results into project reports
- Assist mill employees in tuning control loops as needed
- Monitor and maintain existing controls to ensure high performance and run-time
- Assist in training of mill operators
- Domestic or international travel may be required for training purposes or to attend quarterly meetings.
- MUST HAVE 5-10 years of experience in the fields of automation, process control, or process engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (chemical, automation, mechanical, or electrical or equivalent experience
- Required experience in automation and process control
- Required experience of advanced control (MPC, fuzzy logic, neural networks, etc.)
- Basic concepts in instrumentation, control valves, motors and VFDs
- Knowledge of Pulp & Paper is required
- Knowledge of tools for analysis and data modeling (data mining, neural networks, etc.) is an asset