Established in 1974, Sidock Group is a full service multi-disciplined firm with offices in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Florida. Sidock Group, Inc. is a service-based organization whose primary mission is to provide innovative, engineered solutions tailored to our clients' individual needs. To further this mission, we promote long-term client relationships, remain closely involved with our clients and their projects, and assemble qualified and dedicated teams for each project in efforts to assure that our clients receive the services they expect and deserve.
Sidock Group offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) Tax-Deferred savings plan.
Sidock Group, Inc. has employment opportunities for a Civil Project Designer in Novi, MI.
- CAD Design for commercial, industrial, governmental, and aviation projects.
- Prepare drawing packages for all stages of projects from initial concept, studies, & site plan approval, through permitting, bidding, & construction.
- Develop drawing packages utilizing AutoCAD & Civil 3D for geometric layout, grading, drainage, underground utilities, and details.
- Understand local zoning ordinances impacts on the development of site layouts.
- Read/interpret reference drawings for purposes of developing new drawings.
- Geometric layout of site grading, pavement, landscaping, and site utilities (storm, sanitary, water) as directed by a civil engineer utilizing AutoCAD & Civil 3D.
- Provide drawing-based support to verify dimensional accuracy of design, i.e. fit-up, interferences, obstructions, constructability.
- Review and incorporate client specific design standards to projects.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and project managers to coordinate civil site drawings with other disciplines, both within the firm and partnering consultants, to meet project deliverables.
- Assembling drawing packages (hard copy sets) for submission for permits through federal, state, county, & local Authorities Having Jurisdiction for storm, sanitary, water main, SESC, and floodplain work as directed by a civil engineer.
- Assist in review of product submittals and shop drawings.
- Analyze and format topographic survey data.
- Develop and maintain CAD standards and templates.
- Some client interface, and occasional site visits for field measurements & inspections may be required.
- Assist in preparation of presentation documents.
- Minimum High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Collage degree in architecture or engineering is a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience as a CAD designer for civil projects.
- Experience in civil land development in the commercial, industrial, governmental, and aviation sectors.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet project deadlines required.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Able to interface and perform in a team-based environment, and individually.
- Proficient in Adobe, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance