Buchanan & Edwards is seeking a Systems Engineer - Storage & Backup to join our team in the Washington D.C. Metro area.
Clearance: Top Secret
- Buchanan and Edwards is looking for a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for designing, deploying, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage & backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies to include: Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- In this Position you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and providing ongoing support of the Storage & Backup Infrastructure.
- Serving as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Storage & Backup environments.
- Creating and maintaining storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third-party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Provisioning and configuring required storage & backup for servers.
- Evaluating, improving, and maintaining the information security throughout the storage & backup infrastructure.
- Monitoring and correcting critical storage issues and creating recovery processes for hardware failures and performance bottlenecks and configuring alerts for proactive response times.
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- Monitoring and testing application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participating in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaising with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensuring technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrating systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies.
- Engineering and implementing solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Documenting system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Transitioning knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Providing real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance, and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Five (5) years of experience with Net Backup and Tivoli Storage Manager experience for the backup portion
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- This position is a US Government Contract position and US Citizenship is required, do you meet the requirements for this position?
- What are your salary requirements?
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location