RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: This position is responsible for maximizing every opportunity to generate NEW SALES and NEW SERVICE contracts for the Field Service Technicians. It will be the responsibility of the Service Sales Person to increase the Service Contract Base and build upon Service Sales on existing accounts. This position will work independently to generate leads utilizing recognized effective sales techniques such as cold calling, prospective customers, developing personal business networks, and responding quickly to company-provided leads.
Reports to: Owner / Service Manager
Specific duties include:
- Utilizing effective sales techniques, including networking and “cold calling,” to develop new accounts for commercial maintenance, service, retrofit, and replacement business.
- Schedule and keep appointments with prospects and customers as scheduled.
- Effectively develop and communicate professional sales proposals to clients.
- Maintain reporting of leads, in-progress active prospects and sales forecast.
- Weekly update of sales call planning, upcoming schedules and customer follow up
- Contribute to the development of products/services and marketing strategies through creative packaging of company capabilities.
- Increase and maintain profitable sales by working with customers to identify and satisfy customer needs and hurts through the appropriate application of a sales process.
- Proactively target and establish relationships with prospects and vendor allies to meet sales objectives retain customers and position the company as the sole source provider of choice for their HVAC/R services.
- Develop accurate estimates for service agreements by obtaining correct information from the building/jobsite.
- Provide New Lead Sales Report along with weekly quotation reports and Sales Expense Reports.
- Works closely with Service Coordinator and manages all ongoing projects to ensure profitability.
- Establish working relationships to address customer needs and hurts and discuss sales strategy within the company in the areas of marketing, technical support and operations.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate manager regarding market penetration, profitable revenue opportunities and customer issues.
- Develop and drive winning customer action plans to successful closure to meet company sales objectives.
- MUST have 6+ years experience in HVAC industry (Sales) with supervisory experience required.
- (OR) BS degree in technical discipline with 2+ year’s relevant experience
- Candidate should be computer literate.
- Should possess excellent planning, communication and organizational skills and the ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate the basics of technical tasks and problems relating to all service products both to customers and technicians.
Effective sales experience with emphasis on Business-to-business selling, cold calling prospective customers, and generating sales from personal networking and lead generation. Familiar with commercial service sales concepts, practices, procedures, and processes. Excellent communication skills with strong relationship-management and coaching skills. Ability to build long-term relationships with customers. Ability to work cooperatively with technical, administrative, and support staff. Self-starter and self-motivated with a desired to learn and to grow the business. Proficient with computers and with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Peak Mechanical Services encourages employees to express interest in any posted position for which they are qualified, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran status, or non-performance related physical/mental disability. In keeping with PEAK’s commitment to equal opportunity employment and affirmative action, employees are further encouraged to refer applicants for candidacy in the event the positions are not filled with a PEAK employee
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC/SALES: 4 years (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends