About Blue River
Blue River Technology serves the agricultural industry by designing and building advanced farm machines that utilize computer vision and machine learning to enable farmers to understand and manage every plant. These machines help farmers to improve profitability, protects the environment by reducing pesticide use, and captures valuable plant-by-plant data. Blue River is a pioneer in the agricultural robotics space and has developed the See & Spray precision sprayer, which applies pesticide only where needed, and can reduce pesticide use 90%.
John Deere & Company, with over 180 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and distributing innovative products to farmers, acquired Blue River Technology in the fall of 2017 as an independently run subsidiary. In partnership with John Deere, Blue River has expanded rapidly and together both companies see many opportunities to apply advanced computer vision, machine learning, and robotics technologies to other areas in agriculture beyond spraying.
Blue River is based in Sunnyvale, CA and has 100+ team members with diverse experience including computer vision, machine learning, systems software, autonomous vehicles and precision agriculture. Our working environment is fast paced and highly collaborative, and employees are excited to use their talents to improve food production and protect the environment.
We are looking for a highly skilled Systems Software Engineer - Controls to join our world-class research and engineering team.
- Work on developing the fundamentals of learning based control systems as applied to complex control problems
- Bring a breadth of classical and modern controls knowledge and systems thinking
- Advance the state of the art of developing controls systems that learn from data applied to machines producing the world's food supply
- Strong applied skills in Python, C++, Hardware, Linux, Modern Controls, Classical Controls & Math
- Creative problem solving, Systems thinking
- Up to date on current research papers and modern controls methods
- Machine Learning skills are highly desirable
- Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
Blue River offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a great 401(K) match. We believe in a work life balance and offer generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave as well as Paid Parental Leave and an adoption benefit. Subsidized lunches, flexible work hours, CalTrain passes (with mobile Wi-Fi!) and a collaborative and supportive environment also contribute to making Blue River a great place to work.