Sensata Technologies’ Power Conversion Solution (PCS) business is a leading supplier of inverters, inverter/chargers, and accessories catering to mobile applications including RV’s, marine and work trucks, as well as stationary markets including off-grid solar applications. We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. The position reports to the Engineering Manager of Power Conversion Solutions business and is located in White Bear Lake, MN.
- Creates designs within inter-disciplinary teams to address complex product design and manufacturing challenges
- Leads feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
- Develops testing, engineering analysis, qualification testing, production launch
- Responsible for failure analysis investigations and engineering evaluations
- Maintains product documentation (drawings and specifications) and lessons learned; produce design reports, test reports, operating manuals and test procedures
- Leads a team that includes senior engineers/managers for the purpose of engaging with customers in soliciting product specifications requirements, schedule expectations and budget
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 4-6 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree) or a higher level degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Doctorate degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Low frequency and/or high frequency switch-mode power conversion or motor drive experience preferred.
Familiarity with Altium Designer for PCBA design, layout, and schematic generation desired.
Familiarity with C, C++, and C# programming environments desired.
Experience with serial communications, CAN, and blue-tooth desired.
Experience with lithium energy storage systems desired.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
As OneSensata , we are working together to make things work together
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.