Microwave Techniques, located in Gorham, ME and Nashua, NH, is not just another machine shop! We are skilled in the design and manufacturing of high-power RF components and provide technical solutions for our clients on a global scale. Our employees create and deliver state-of-the-art products that make a difference by positively impacting the healthcare and sustainability industries (just to name a couple!). These RF components, made from Aluminum, Copper and Stainless Steel, allow Scientists and Engineers to create cutting edge medical and radar systems, including extreme high power or ultra-high vacuum RF devices.
Join a leader in the RF industry with over 30 years of experience and recent growth. Our size offers employees the opportunity to engage in multiple aspects of our business – you can build your skills and career with Microwave Techniques!
Microwave Techniques is searching for an Electrical Engineer in our Gorham, ME location!
Summary of Responsibilities: Designing RF & Microwave passive components with the aid of finite element analysis simulation software. Design work would encompass review of customer requirements, investigation of conceptual approaches, simulation, and optimization, assisting the mechanical design team with manufacturing details and lab testing of the assembled device. Although products are primarily passive, certain devices have motorized or electrical control circuits to optimize their RF performance. Responsibilities include the design and programming of these control circuit.
What will you do in this role?
- Use of microwave simulation tools such as CST Microwave Studio or Ansoft HFSS
- Develop an understanding of components used for combining, filtering, switching, and optimizing in RF and microwave systems
- Understand the test equipment and methods used to verify performance of RF and microwave components
- Creation of clear reports used to demonstrate predicted and actual performance as products are developed
- Modify existing designs or create new designs of PLC based control systems
- Develop, program and debug software used in PLC systems
- Review field performance and customer feedback of deployed systems
- Ensure control systems complement and enhance component performance to the highest extent possible
- Ensure systems and software are well documented
- Answer questions that arise during assembly and test of components and systems
- Troubleshoot components and systems that are not meeting predicted performance or customer specifications
- Investigate and determine the root cause of components that cannot be manufactured within the time or costs initially defined
- Assist the sales team in understanding customer requirements and specifications
What do you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
- Entry level candidates – applicable internship and/or part time work experience preferred
- Junior level candidates – familiarity with CE standards is preferred, 2 years in an industrial machine manufacturer work environment
- Able to review standards and cross reference and compare to existing equipment
- Skilled in programming logic controllers & touch screens
- A self-starter with initiative and a proactive, positive, and forward-thinking mindset
- Attention to detail
- Able to shift priorities without losing focus based upon the needs of the business
- Ability to spot issues, troubleshoot, and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
What can you expect from us?
- A comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, life, supplement life, short and long term disability insurance, AD&D critical illness and accident insurance
- 401K plan with an employer match
- Discretionary bonuses
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- An employee wellness program
- Training opportunities
- Employee recognition awards
- Employee lunches and parties
- Employee purchase program
- Safety shoe purchase program
The shift in Nashua, NH is Monday through Friday. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and supplied by Microwave Techniques, including a safety shoe reimbursement program.
Microwave Techniques, located in the vibrant communities of Gorham, ME and Nashua, NH, offer robust areas rich with unique eateries, arts and culture venues, athletic organizations, and a great outdoors lifestyle. Whether you prefer the ocean, lakes, rivers, mountains, or all above, you will find a scenic environment to work and live.
Microwave Techniques is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location