Oversee a product concept from the idea to the marketplace. Develop, design, and supervise the fabrication and implementation of various components and equipment for complex projects. The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for the documentation needed to assemble their designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Select materials of construction to meet mechanical and environmental requirements while embodying the most cost effective solutions possible for commercial cooking equipment.
- Ensure designs implement proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
- Work directly with customers, sales managers, project managers, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and meet agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design of components and assemblies and meet customer needs for equipment design.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
- Perform risk assessment tests and use results to improve design and reduce risks before reaching manufacturing.
- Contribute to the launch of new programs with manufacturing.
- Write technical papers on significant findings that can be used as a sales training aid, help promote new products, or to be published in technical journals.
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields impacting the mechanical sciences.
- Work with other departments in obtaining samples and test data. Provide other departments with information needed to prepare catalogs and other sales literature.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing, and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellectual property.
- Adhere to all departmental and company-wide safety and procedural policies.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering.
- Reference “Engineering Technical Ladder” for position levels.
- Design experience in sheet metal, machining, die casting, injection molding, and other manufacturing methods.
- Demonstrable experience in the following:
- Industry drawing standards and practices and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) including ASME Y14.5M;
- New product development processes and workflows;
- Executing engineering changes and workflows; and
- Formal document control procedures.
- Experience in participating and working within multi-disciplinary product development teams.
- Demonstrable experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/ Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Product Data Management (PDM) a plus.
- Experience in piping, plumbing, and combustion design a plus.
*Due to the industrious nature of our facility a drug test is required upon acceptance of an offer letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Mechanical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location