Nature & Scope of Position
The Software Developer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, support and maintain new and existing software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. The Software Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Work closely with IT team & various departments to identify the best migration plan for various internal applications
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or Business Information Systems.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices with proficiency in a variety of programming languages and database systems, including C#, ASP.NET, Borland Delphi 7, RadStudio, T-SQL, IBM DB/2, PHP, HTML, MS Access.
- Proficient in building reports using SQL Server reporting services.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and to be able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
An individual in this capacity must be aware that the position will involve:
- Extended periods of time will be spent at a computer and on the phone.
- Must be capable of lifting computer systems and monitors for system deployment.
- Must be willing to walk to various areas throughout the facility throughout the day.
- There will be no requirement to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) on a regular basis, unless asked to work in an area where such a requirement exists.