Technical Services Manager, ASI Marine
ASI Marine provides industries and governments worldwide with leading-edge underwater services focused on the assessment, maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction of underwater infrastructure and environments. More specifically, ASI Marine specializes in, underwater remotely operated vehicle (ROV) operations, marine geophysical and hydrographic surveys, commercial diving and hyperbaric support for tunnel construction.
Our certified, professional engineers, technicians and commercial divers are backed by a fleet of advanced robotic vehicles and specialized dive support systems; providing the latest in sonar and video imaging, survey and inspection technologies.
ASI Group Ltd. is adding a Technical Services Manager to the team to provide strategic leadership and support within the ROV and Geophysical Services Division. The successful incumbent will be an exceptional leader who excels at managing the overall strategic plan for the division and the teams who provide services to our valued clients.
- Spearheads the development of strategic plans, operational goals and key performance indicators that align with expected company growth
- Develops initiatives to increase profitability and maximize efficiency within the division
- Evaluates, recommends and oversees development of new strategies for performance improvements in both project management and field services
- Plans and directs personnel management, including recruitment, hiring and performance management
- Establishes policies for effective project management processes including procurement, budget and cost tracking
- Ensures managers and technicians have the resources they need to perform at expected service levels
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing team to establish contact with prospective clients both local and abroad, to obtain work for the division and enhance good public relations. Promote a positive relationship among all entities within the industry.
- Gauges the viability and prioritization of projects in collaboration with operations and project managers
- Evaluates, prepares and reports on the division’s financial and operational performance
- Leads, develops and coaches team members to obtain maximum productivity, retention and a high level of employee engagement
- Uses communication and interpersonal skills to lead, influence and motivate team members
- Fosters a culture of collaboration, communication, cooperation and trust that aligns with ASI’s core values
- Embraces innovation and constantly pursues new ideas for implementation
- Works with project management team to respond to customer complaints, ensuring proper handling to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Provides administration support in areas of compliance, regulations, policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration or a related field
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a senior manager with involvement in strategic planning, and operations management in a service-based environment
- Experience providing strategic advice and guidance on project related matters and operational issues
- Experience developing budgets; setting and monitoring financial targets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to evaluate situations and make critical decisions in a timely manner
- Strong technical competence and aptitude
- Familiarity with project management principles and practices
- Ability to identify, assign, develop, manage and retain key employees
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Possesses a valid driver’s license (Class G minimum) and a valid passport
- Familiarity with ISO Standards, 9001 Quality Management Systems and 45001 Occupational Health and Safety requirements and a commitment to participate in all related activities including training and audits
ASI has a rich history of technological breakthroughs, having invented, tested, and patented equipment by its team of in-house experts and we have been pioneering innovative solutions for over 30 years.
What’s our company secret for success? Our incredible and talented team.
At ASI, we’ve been successful in cultivating excellent staff with incredible experience and expertise and, we are constantly looking for additional talent to join us. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages growth and development, inventive and creative thinking set in an “open-door” environment, contact us today.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-3243 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
- senior management: 7 years (Preferred)
- Strategic Planning: 5 years (Preferred)
- Operations Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Budgeting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Stoney Creek, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)