- Bachelor's degree
- Bachelor of Science
- Technical writing
- Six Sigma
The Manufacturing Engineer will support the day to day operation of the value stream. Assist other Engineers with various tasks
including but not limited to the optimization of processes for manufacture and product flow including down time mitigation, root cause investigations, cost savings initiatives and more.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support operations and new product/process development
2. Assist in the development of facilities layout for equipment moves and additions using Lean Manufacturing principles.
3. Assist in time studies to capture continuous improvement activities.
4. Initiate and implement change orders through the change order management system.
5. Develop and update process and material specifications as required.
6. Coordinate operator training for new and existing processes, products, and equipment.
7. Assist in Coordination of external resources such as vendors and sister sites to resolve technical issues or improve processes or
8. Write capital expenditure requests, gain approval, coordinate the purchase & installation of equipment, and track costs.
9. Validate equipment and processes as required when making process improvements.
10. May serve as an extended team member on PRP/NPD projects.
11. Support the validation of equipment and processes as required (IQ, OQ, PQ)
12. Support capacity planning, cost improvement and facilities layout for equipment moves and additions
13. Support operator training for new and existing processes
14. Partner with resources such as suppliers and other sites to resolve technical issues or improve processes or products
15. Assess process capabilities, recommend process improvement opportunities. Innovate and implement process improvements
16. Participation on cross functional project teams
17. Review prints for new and existing products
18. Follows GWI's, GSOP's and owns MP's to ensure control of product/process design
19. All other essential related duties as required
Accepting Direction - Accepts and follows directions from others; respects authority; complies with requests; does what they are asked to do.
Active Listening - Gives people his/her full attention; uses paraphrasing and repeats things back to ensure understanding; allows
people to finish their statements before responding or asking questions.
Pursuing Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities .
Adapting to Change - Maintains a positive attitude in the face of change; appropriately adjusts behavior and activities to changing conditions.
Learning Quickly - Quickly comprehends new problems and situations; needs very little time to learn and master new processes or tools; able to figure things out as he/she goes along.
Following Policies and Procedures - Understands and follows company policies; encourages others to follow work rules; calls attention to actions that may violate policies and procedures.
Familiarity with the Following Preferred - SolidWorks, Minitab, IQ, OQ, PQ, Machining, Molding, Assembly, Sterile Packaging, Tool Design, Process Development, Metrology, Optics, Stamping
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in science/engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
0-2 years experience
Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma tools
Ability to work well in a cross functional team
Technical writing skills
Knowledge of risk management documentation
Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day