Senior Embedded Linux Developer
Vulcan Wireless seeks a Senior Embedded Linux Developer to join a team developing software defined radios for satellite systems. Designs will implement innovative communication systems in a fast-paced R&D environment. The successful candidate will be a major contributor to the design and implementation from concept to realization and system integration.
******************* This position requires US Citizenship. *************
Embedded Linux Developer JOB DESCRIPTION
Embedded Linux Developer Summary/Objective
The software developer develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software. This role develops, modifies, and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members.
Embedded Linux Developer Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications without supervision as well as under
- direction from senior staff members.
- Performs maintenance programming for existing version.
- Performs custom programming at customer request.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product.
- Proficient in C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python and/or MATLAB.
- Proficient in Embedded Linux and driver development such as I2C, SPI, UART, and etc.
- Experienced with custom board bring up and Linux kernel configuration
- Experienced in socket programming and developing multi-threaded applications
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
Other duties may be assigned, as needed by employer.
Embedded Linux Developer Job Type: Full-time
Embedded Linux Developer Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Embedded Linux Developer Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of science in computer science or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Minimum three years of experience as database developer (NOT administrator) working with currently used technological products.
- Minimum of two years with currently used shell scripting technologies.
Embedded Linux Developer Preferred Education & Experience
- Certifications in software developer training.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vulcan Wireless Inc. develops and manufactures advanced software defined radio systems and sensors for the US Government and commercial customers.
- Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
As an essential critical business, we follow all the CDC, State and Federal guidelines to keep our employees safe.
- Linux: 2 years (Preferred)
- certifications in software developer training (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible