Who We Are
Bold. Unapologetic. Hardworking. We are building something special. Put simply: We power and secure the next global financial system.
At Core Scientific, we host best-in-class enterprise level blockchain hardware in expansive, state-of-the-art data center facilities. Our proprietary software stack automates blockchain mining optimization, pushes machine images and firmware, and monitors all aspects of our operations, ensuring our customers receive the highest possible ROI on their hardware investment.
But what makes us different from others in our industry, apart from our unrivaled white-glove customer service? We invest heavily in growing our own digital asset holdings, and pioneering innovative financial products and services to maximize our own, and our customers' portfolios, through blockchain technology.
Come join us as we focus exclusively on the game changing, hypergrowth financial technologies that are already diversifying markets and democratizing access to stores of value. Pioneering an industry isn’t for the faint of heart. We require smart, creative, collaborative minds, who work hard and fast.
Intrigued? Then apply and be a part of something truly revolutionary at Core Scientific.
Sr. Data Engineer
Director of Engineering, Data
We’re looking for a Data Engineer who will have the opportunity to work with data at the intersection of data centers operations, atmospheric data, GPU/ASIC telemetry, blockchain networks, and cryptocurrency markets. The Data Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of business intelligence while collaborating with a team of data engineers and scientists. They will work with the Data Engineering and Data Science teams to deliver data, analytics, and insights into our core business, which will influence business strategy that affects the company's bottom line. As a Sr. Data Engineer you will be responsible for mentoring junior engineers, providing guidance on proper solutioning.
- Create and maintain secure high quality data pipelines, ETL, and data lakes used across the organization
- Identify, architect, and implement process improvements to data systems
- Develop analytics tools alongside the data pipeline to provide actionable insights and key business performance metrics to stakeholders
- Bring together disparate data sources by building data models that can be used by both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses, miners, and financial institutions operate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience leading a team, as manager or team lead.
- 4 to 6 years’ experience working with and integrating data science, data engineering, and business intelligence
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Takes ownership of challenges and quality of deliverables
- Mentors other team member and provides guidance on solutioning.
- Experience with Python, Java, or Node.js/Typescript
- Experience with IaC frameworks like CDK or Terraform.
- Experience with Redshift, PostgreSQL, No SQL, or related relational database engines
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, or related ETL frameworks
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Airflow or Prefect.
- Experience in QuickSight, Tableau, or other reporting platforms
- Experience and knowledge of AWS or GCP cloud technologies offerings.
- Experience with GitOps and DevOps methodologies.
This job is remote. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, and smartphones.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $104,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you require employment sponsorship in the future?
- Informatica: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location