Surveillance International invites applications for the position of Senior Applications/CCTV Engineer. This position provides innovative and highly complex technical support functions related to the design, installation, customization, commissioning and testing of enterprise networks to support CCTV applications; thermal and facial recognition, Fidelio integrations, assists in monitoring network performance and responds to the more complex service requests to resolve platform and service performance disruptions; provides technical direction to staff on a daily and project-by-project basis.
Using established standards, responsible for hardware designs and software programming systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, field installation team and subcontractors.
Our customers are based both nation and world-wide. Typical travel is 50%. Will include travel to cruise vessels.
Provides highly complex technical support related to the installation, customization, upgrade, and maintenance of CCTV systems and Facial Recognition/ Thermal products.
Selects hardware designs from standard design library for flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
Performs software programming using established standards as a basis of design.
Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
Leads the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required.
Leads the validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
Gathers field changes from the project team and creates as-built drawings and software. Prepares proper documentation and/or manuals for system operation.
Keeps management and customer informed of job progress and issues.
Collaborates with systems engineers, network engineers, security engineers, and other technology peers on the development and implementation of approaches, processes, procedures, and standards that promote responsiveness and efficiency of systems.
Provides technical training, mentoring, and coaching of professional staff and technical staff on complex matters related to network systems.
Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards related to network technologies.
Prepares reports, statistical summaries, training materials, and other materials related to network systems.
Creates and maintains documentation related to daily activity logs, network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, and seminars related to network technology to maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
- Have a minimum of three years of experience in network management and support.
- Have experience with increasing complexity in IP networks, , video network systems, and network communications appliances such as network gateways, routers, and layer 2-4 switches, network-testing equipment, security appliances, VPN and remote access technology.
- Four (4) year college degree required or 3-5 years of related work experience required
- Various security vendor hardware and software knowledge required
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- Be able to work under stressful conditions and persevere on long projects and complex problem resolutions.
- Have the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Possess excellent computer skills including at least an intermediate skill level in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Proficient in Visio, AutoCAD or other CAD software
- Milestone, Fidelio, BreifCam, Facial Recognition/Thermal
- CCNA Certification
- Strong project documentation concepts
- Have strong knowledge of routing and switching protocols including OSPF, BGP, LACP, STP, VRRP, QOS, TLS, TCP, UDP, 802.11, 802.1x, 802.11ac, 802.11ad, 802.11ax, IPSec, ISAKMP and multicast.
- Have knowledge of IP client/server operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible