LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH EXPERIENCE IN ELECTRICAL UTILITY CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Job Posting Title
Traveling Project Manager
Probst Electric is one of North America's premier electrical construction companies. Probst operates from a Headquarters in Utah and has completed projects all over the United States. Probst performs new build, design build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Probst offers construction and maintenance services in a variety of utility markets including transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, and associated electrical. Probst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Comprehensive benefits package available including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k.
Job entails managing commercial electrical project(s) and can include; medium voltage underground distribution, commercial and industrial construction and maintenance. Individual will be in charge of planning, direct, or coordinating, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of facilities and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, subcontractors, safety, quality, and implementation.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
EXPERIENCE IN ELECTRICAL UTILITY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Must pass mandatory drug and alcohol screening(s).
Prior overhead electrical construction experience preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and applicable Engineering programs.
Good Written and oral communication.
Project Manager Certification preferred.
Construction background and minimum five years of experience.
Degree in associated field preferred.
Full-time traveling (on-site for construction projects)
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you are currently applying or have applied for a position with Probst Electric Inc., you are hereby provided notice of collection of personal information. Please see this notice at: https://www.quantaservices.com/privacy-policy/california-applicants-notice/
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Utility Construction Management: 1 year (Required)
- Construction Management: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible