Rosenberger North America is an innovative global leader in radio frequency technology with an international presence. Our products are used in wireless technology, telecom, test & measurement, automotive, medical, military, industrial and data systems. We are currently seeking an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Akron, PA.
It is an exciting time to join Rosenberger North America! We are rapidly expanding and are looking for quality candidates to join us on our journey. We work hard, but we also play hard with the belief that we are nothing without our employees. We believe in innovation and investing in our employees; your growth opportunities are only limited by you!
This role utilizes in-depth mechanical and electrical problem-solving expertise to implement manufacturing improvement strategies with the goal of overall cost and Time-to-Market reduction and improvements to quality. The Engineer works collectively with other functional groups including Production, Process Engineering, Design Engineering, Quality, and Customer Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and document methods and sequence of manufacturing operations for precision RF connectors and cable assemblies that meet mechanical and electrical design requirements.
- Work with other members of the Manufacturing Engineering team (Tool Designer, Machinist and Engineering Technicians) to provide manufacturability input during the New Product Introduction process.
- Conduct product validations, lab tests and engineering trials to support Rosenberger’s and our Customers’ R&D activities and to decrease Time-to-Market.
- Build RF cable, connector assembly and PCB samples, prototypes, engineering or customer evaluation units, demo applications.
- Setup and operate RF test equipment (Network Analyzers, Intermodulation Testers, RF Fault Analyzers); develop and maintain their test programs and procedures.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and RF / Electrical quality issues in R&D and Sample Production, assist Process Engineering to investigate such issues in Series Production.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects that support the Lean Manufacturing methodology such as scrap reduction and minimizing inefficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical or Electrical field is required.
- 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience in process improvement for manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic measuring devices (calipers, micrometer, multimeter) required.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency Component production is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of at least one of these electrical testers is required: Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer.
- Experience in hand soldering of electrical components and/or Printed Circuit Boards is required.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma) is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of cross-functional team.
- Ability to understand complex mechanical and electrical issues and interpret connections between them.
- Ability to reason through and identify root cause of manufacturing-related issues.
- Completion of a Green Belt level Six Sigma training course preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical and creative thinking, hands-on troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional hand-coordination and dexterity to work with small electronic components with tolerances of .0001”.
- Able to handle tight deadlines, multiple projects and quick changes of priorities.
- Must have experience systematizing process flows for improved efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be conscientious and detail minded.
- Must be able to work in fast paced, quick changing atmosphere.
- Resourceful and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate and interpret complex technical challenges to all levels of our organization.
- Strong computer skills and technical mindset.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Accurate and detail oriented, quality and budget conscious.
- Team player, but also able to work individually.
- Effectively communicate in English with English reading comprehension.
- Ability to clearly distinguish colors as established by the Ishihara color blindness test.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Lancaster, PA (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible