Advance Design Consultants is full indiscipline design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places, delivering a superior product and supporting our customers throughout the design process. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of innovation, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps Advance Design Consultants as one of the foremost architectural and engineering firms in United States.
Advance Design Consultants is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team. Our practices offer projects of all sizes. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Working with us, you will:
- Lead the electrical engineering design for small or medium projects, or assist with a major portion of large projects, assuring that technical, schedule and hours-expended targets are met in accordance with client expectations and applicable professional standards.
- Coordinate and reviews the work of engineers, designers, interns and CAD drafters assigned to the project(s).
- Assist in mentoring electrical engineering staff and provide oversight and monitoring of the work performed by junior staff.
- Revise, review, and coordinate construction documents.
- Prepare CA field observation reports.
- Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
- Visit construction sites as required for observation, answering contractor questions, or representing the owner in preparing punch lists.
- Presents Advance Design Consultants engineering qualifications to clients in project interviews and other settings.
- Refine and further develop design concepts given by others.
- Create and develop planning and design concepts for more complex projects.
- Oversee design work of others to ensure an integrated and cohesive design.
- Supervise the development of materials for client presentations.
- Present engineering design solutions to client representative and/or design review committees.
- Establish and maintain project staffing requirements consistent with contractual obligations.
- Follow and enforce quality control procedures.
- Coordinate with consultants.
- Review RFP’s and determines submission requirements.
An ideal candidate has:
- 7 years’ experience working as an electrical engineer (preferably in an AE firm), and must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer.
- LEED AP or LEED AP BD+C preferred.
- Recent employment history must include architectural engineering or consulting engineering firm experience.
- Experienced engineering skills needed to analyze, design and document power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm, security, audio/visual and telecommunications systems for a variety of building types.
- High proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD programs.
- Ability to multi-task under rigid deadlines.
- Has the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Has the ability to produce and coordinate the electrical engineering portion of construction documents for permitting and bidding on small projects.
- Communicates ideas well both graphically and verbally.
- Has the ability to contribute to and participate in a team environment.
- Has the strong ability to manage own time based on directions given.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential as is the ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels. The ideal candidate will be a gregarious, strategic, and motivated team player with the ability to think intuitively.
Advance Design Consultants offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 2 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, and pay for 7 federal holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of experience with SKM?
- Can you write specifications?
- Electrical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19