Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The primary objective of the Desktop Engineer position is to provide IT systems design, analysis, Cybersecurity integration, system and network administration, and systems engineering support for the development of capabilities and sustainment of the EBSI enterprise network environment. Provide subject matter expertise in enterprise IT design for Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) platforms in a complex Windows Desktop and Microsoft Windows Server environment. Provide technical architecture and operational oversight of the Emergent BioSolutions SCCM Patch Management Service. The Desktop Engineer has day-to-day responsibility of advising others on the functionality, administration, and operations of the tools/software in their field of expertise (SCCM Patch Management and Deployments.) The Desktop Engineer role requires advanced to mastery skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the business of a highly available agile desktop environment. Author engineering documentation and leverage expertise in Windows Server solutions, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, PowerShell, VBScript, and other advanced Microsoft administration concepts to engineer secure Microsoft System Center-based solutions and technical capabilities. Prepare reports to inform and advise senior technical staff and management, as necessary. Provide innovative solutions to complex functional problems that impact multiple functional area successes. Lead tasks, including planning, execution, and status reporting for significant initiatives.
- Plan, analyze, design, test, deploy, and migrate enterprise scale Microsoft System Center, to work with all related infrastructure systems and services.
- Server and Desktop Operating systems
- Support COTS products including analysis, design, engineer, test, implement, maintenance, and enhancements and optimization of:
- Windows Server (mage builds, troubleshooting, security management, patching)
- Manage and Administer System Center (SCOM, SCCM, OSD, Net Infrastructure, Etc.)
- Provide support for Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies
- Provide support for Certificate Authority (CA) Server (Entrust)
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365
- Provide support for Skype for Business/ for Teams
- Provide support for Exchange
- Provide support for SANs (Microsoft OneDrive, EMC, Brocade, NetApp, etc.)
- Provide support for Cloud Technologies
- Provide support for Enterprise PKI Engineering
- Perform network troubleshooting tools and techniques to troubleshoot testing servers/workstations/solutions remotely when required
- Provide Tier III support for technologies/ solutions supported
- Proactively monitor and resolve infrastructure issues affecting Distributions
- Perform monthly Security Updates rollouts to all Emergent BioSolutions security managed clients
- Proactively monitor SCCM status reporting and address infrastructure issues
- Must collaborate with all team members and staff to ensure effective problem resolution, attend meetings as required, stay current on technological advances, and perform other duties of a similar nature or level
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience working in a corporate IT support role
- College degree and/or certification. Degree in related field preferred
- Certifications a plus: MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+
- Experience with implementing enterprise deployment and management using Microsoft SCCM and SCOM
- In depth knowledge of core Microsoft Server technologies: Active Directory Services, Certificate Services/PKI, Internet Information Server, Clustering Services, Windows Software Updates Services, etc.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (32 and 64bit): Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Workstation XP, 7 Pro, 8. Solid knowledge of Networking technologies: TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Strong problem analysis skills using SCCM logs, status messages, and alerts
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
- Working knowledge in performing database queries/analysis using T-SQL, WQL, Microsoft Access
- Working knowledge of Scripting technologies: VBScript, WMI, Powershell
- Working knowledge of Software Packaging products: Wise installer, InstallShield, MSI
- Effective communication and documentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of MS Outlook in an Exchange environment
- Experience with SCCM and SCOM 2012 and 2012 R2 preferred
- Ability to work Maintenance Deployment Windows (afterhours/weekends) for Approved changes and balance standard working hours
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC computer hardware and network printers
- Understanding of network infrastructure equipment, switches, routers, etc.
- Working knowledge of SANs (Microsoft OneDrive, EMC, Brocade, NetApp, etc.)
- Phone systems experience desired
- Video Conferencing systems experience desired
- Understanding of TCPIP networking and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Knowledge of Windows Server print queues and how to troubleshoot print queue issues
- Experience with basic Active Directory user administration
- Experience with network file and folder security provisioning using Active Directory groups
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, lift/carry 50lbs, and pull 50lbs. Use phone, copier, computer, copier, and hand tools. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents. Work in areas where noise above conversation level, multiple locations, and restricted access laboratory.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.