Superior Traffic Services is a portable traffic control device company that combines state-of-the-art IT and communication systems with portable traffic control devices. These systems were developed by industry professionals, dedicated to creating technologically-advanced portable traffic control devices that make road construction safer, more reliable and remotely accessible. The adaptability and accessibility are unmatched in the industry. The standard features in the devices make 24/7 real-time configuration, programming, system-status monitoring and live viewing of traffic and work zones effortless.
Our core focus is saving lives by providing more efficient traffic work zones. And the way Superior Traffic Services does that is with responsiveness, dependability, and providing a level of service that ensures the customer has complete faith in our work and products.
Superior Traffic Services needs a dedicated person to test software prior to rollouts and to perform routine testing on existing software. The intent is to find and address bugs in the testing environment in advance rather than in the field after the fact.
Test cases and procedures need to be comprehensive in nature and well documented. The ideal candidate will be able to establish and document a baseline set of tests to cover a standard set of configurations and will be able to grow that set of tests to ensure that future improvements do not break existing functionality.
Testing would include a mix of unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and acceptance testing. Other testing would include electronics testing, as well as monitoring of output voltages and subsequent analysis of the time series data to determine if the device specifically and the system as a whole are operating nominally. Testing will need to be automatic and continuous and capable of finding and reporting errors without human interaction.
- Design test cases and develop procedures for operational and software quality testing;
- Run operational and performance tests by configuring the systems and executing the procedures;
- Ensure that the cases and procedures are comprehensive in nature and assess critical functions on a pass/fail basis;
- Investigate and analyze test failures to provide valuable feedback to the development team;
- Perform operational testing to Identify and analyze bugs in the system;
- Diagnose, track and manage bugs to resolution;
- Identify project risks and make recommendations to minimize risks related to performance bottlenecks; ability to anticipate problems;
- Grow into a bug expert who understands how features should work in various loads and scale situations and the impact on the rest of the system;
- Be a software quality champion and engage with software development and product management teams;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective problem-solving skills
Qualified candidates must:
- Have minimum 3 years in testing and quality engineering
- Have an extensive background with Linux, scripting, and test software; Specific experience with Debian, C++, Python and/or other modern Linux-friendly languages and package considered a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), or substantial professional experience in this specific area of test
- Be capable of working 40+ hours per week
- Be passionate about writing tests, breaking software, and clearly documenting how to break the software
- Have the ability to translate software functions into tests
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Have some understanding of electricity (voltage, amperage, power, and Ohm’s Law) and associated tools (voltmeters, oscilloscopes, data loggers, etc.)
Good to Have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Weekdays with occasional work outside of typical business hours
Compensation & Benefits:
· Health and dental benefits
· Retirement Plan
Dependability: Service driven, One-team approach, Willingness to help others
Responsiveness: Communication is key, Needs assessment loop, Prompt feedback
Bravery: Fearless pursuit, Authentically you, Positive growth
Ranch Mentality: Owner mentality, Uses available resources, Ingenious
Ingenuity: Outside the box thinker, Insightful participation, Creative solutions
Tenacity: Sticking-with-it attitude, Persevere through challenges, Drive for future success
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Superior Traffic adheres to Covid guidelines like masks, hand washing, and routinely cleaning surfaces. Some work from home may be allowed.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- testing and engineering quality control: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible