Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
The Project Engineer will manage mid to large scale projects; orchestrate the front-end planning for Capital Projects including but not limited to:
- Utility / facility system installations,
- Clean rooms construction,
- Manufacturing facility upgrades
- Warehouse expansions.
Candidates for this position must have strong engineering or technical skills with understanding of capital project execution. Additionally, must keep abreast of current trends and practices and have a history of improving processes, making them more efficient and effective.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Develops, plans, coordinates and directs engineering aspects of projects of major scope and importance.
- Manages multiple, often concurrent projects and meets expectations. ·
- Understands the business needs and works closely with internal customers to understand User Requirements and developproject scope.
- Incorporates business foresight of emerging technological trends.
- Leads development of Project Charter and documents the initial requirements that satisfy the stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
- Establishes engineering project objectives and technical criteria for evaluating project results and activities of the project team.
- Strong communicator. Keeps stakeholders informed of status and upcoming activities and provides management with frequent status and forecasts.
- Works closely construction teams to manage schedule, scope, and adherence to internal and external standards and specifications
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, or closely related discipline is required with 8+ years of engineering, construction and/or operational experience
- A technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred)
- Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.