The Sr. Control Engineer independently designs, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs PLC-controlled all manufacturing equipment, and related systems. This individual’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the packaging line functions efficiently. Exempt position.
- Works from diagrams, written and verbal descriptions to design, improve the productivity and repair powder flow packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all parts and equipment on the packaging line to maximize run time; monitors packaging operations and suggests any electrical changes or upgrades that would increase efficiency.
- Performs process development and documents processes as needed to support packaging equipment.
- Work with vendors to purchase and repair process equipment.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Maintain, revise and program PLC’s (Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi etc.).
- Assists in reviewing and writing technical manuals for equipment and process documentation.
- Research new equipment, interact with equipment manufacturer to review, set up equipment, ensure its satisfactory operation, and make modifications as required.
- Statistical analysis of process equipment capabilities.
- Good understanding of Safety, Environmental, and Quality management systems
- Supervises assigned mechanics and engineers
- Experiences of installing fully automated machine
- Good understanding of powder handling
- Good understanding of blow molding
- Good understanding of FA devices such as cameras (especially cognex) and multi-axis robots
- Leading Management
- Analyze the root cause of issues and resolving them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience
- Thorough understanding of process operations, good 3D Cad software and general computer skills
- Person must be detail oriented, have good organizational and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary.
- Computer skills including PLC.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and walk/crawl through limited space areas.
- Near acuity and color vision required to be able to distinguish between indicator lights.
- Hand dexterity required for the use of small tools, hand held power tools and measurement equipment.
- Ability to use forklifts, and elevating work platforms.
- Must meet the physical demands of forklift driver: sit, talk, hear, hand and foot dexterity to use controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to wear PPE as documented in instructions and Job Hazard Analysis.'
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday