ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ONLINE AT www.BrownandCaldwell.com for compliance reasons.
Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering firm, has an exciting opportunity for an entry level engineer to work on design infrastructure projects for municipal and private sector clients in our Las Vegas, NV office. You will provide civil/mechanical engineering support for a variety of projects which may include planning, evaluation, design and construction related activities for wastewater, water and storm water conveyance systems, pumping systems and related facilities.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture and we are proud that many of our employees have been with us a decade or more. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
In this role you will work with and be mentored by nationally recognized, senior technical staff. Our ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized and capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Execute activities on projects for master planning and design of water/wastewater conveyance systems, as well as engineering services during construction.
- Provide design efforts of small to large projects that meet or exceed the project success metrics.
- Understand open-channel and pressured conveyance system hydraulics.
- Analysis, calculations, research, selection, and layout, necessary to develop required new installation and rehabilitation design documents.
- Defect coding and assessment of wastewater collection systems.
- Coordinate with project managers, client service managers, and other project personnel from other disciplines.
- Conduct field investigations and perform condition assessment evaluations.
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree required, in related engineering field (Civil, Mechanical)
- NASSCO certified
- Demonstrated strong team work skills.
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,600+ professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
Company's Facebook page: