Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronics security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more. Learn more at www.StanleyBlackandDecker.com.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundary less. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering products, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
Are you a Design Engineer with professional experience in the Physical Securities industry, looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in design, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
1. Design electronic security access systems which include access control, CCTV, BURG, etc.
2. Gather information from National Account Managers, National Project Managers, customers, electrical contractors, architects, consultants, etc. to create accurate, consistent parts lists, pricing, drawings, and documentation to be sent to the field for installations and to customers for record.
3. Insure all parts lists, project design work, and as-builts are accurate and completed in a timely fashion.
4. Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing and technical information on all products for quotes, bids, and customer requests when needed. This includes specifications, cut sheets, write ups, etc.
5. Investigate new products, making product recommendations for design and applications.
6. Maintain accurate and current customer files.
7. Provide training to internal and external customers.
8. Complete written, technical response to specifications when needed.
9. Assist with office development, implementing office procedures and processes for the National Accounts department.
10. Provide phone support for the National Account Managers & their customers.
11. Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the quality system.
12. Perform special projects and duties as assigned by the National Account Managers or the Director, National Accounts to support the National Accounts team. These projects may include participation in trade shows, traveling to customers’ sites, compiling special information, reports, etc.
This position offer some REMOTE options and can be located anywhere in North America, with preferred locations in Northern Virginia, South Maryland, Washington DC., Sterling Virginia, West Virginia Area.
- B.S. in Electronic Technology or Computer Science Technology and/or 5+ years of experience in electronics specifically in the access control/security industry in lieu of a degree.
- Data Center Experience
- Knowledge of Auto CAD
- Knowledge of PC configuration and peripherals
- Strong knowledge of access control, CCTV and BURG system components and installation requirements
- Ability to understand and recognize electrical print layouts and standards
- Knowledge of field installation methods (life safety, codes etc.)
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in obtaining solutions to uncommon applications
- Ability to convey instructions verbally to lay end users and knowledgeable technicians
- Ability to effectively work independently or in a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly and correctly resolve customer issues