Welcome to API Technologies! We hire people who are curious, resilient, and want to make a difference. Our employee’s impact goes beyond designing and manufacturing electronic components, together our work is exploring space, protecting soldiers, and saving lives. Our high performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices. Our company of experienced engineers and technologists work by these values – safety, integrity, respect, ethics, trust and continuous improvement. Join a company where we strive to put excellence in everything we do, including your career. Learn more about us at
Coordinates the engineering activities among Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance to ensure product meets customer and/or Spectrum specifications and that production processes undergo continual improvement. Provides technical assistance and support to all customers (internal and external).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Clarifies and assists line operators in understanding production parameters: answers questions and interprets work performed in travel tickets and test plans, prepares travel tickets and schematics, and trains operators in use of new equipment.
- Defines and documents assembly build process/processes for products.
- Reviews and improves production processes by evaluating production, methods, analyzing production lot failures and customer returns and recommending remedial and/or corrective solutions. Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Continuously monitors production processes and methods, analyzing production lot failures and customer returns and recommending remedial and/or corrective solutions.
- Track/reports defective materials or questionable conditions to General Manager. Escalates product issues to appropriate internal or external resources to correct. Confers with engineering and manufacturing personnel and works with them to resolve problems of product design, specifications, materials, tooling and production operations.
- Performs quality and process engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality needs.
- Establishes procedures that will properly detail the assembly and inspection of components. Develop processes for new products as they are being designed, and document the process or procedures. Develop qualification procedures and processes for new equipment or suppliers that are to be introduced into mainstream manufacturing.
- Reviews data obtained during quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company and/or customer requirements.
- Responsible for considering employee and product safety when developing manufacturing procedures, equipment and materials.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Communicates with staff: performs and reports failure analysis results to production supervisor QA and Engineering Manager; assists QA and other departments in dealing with customer questions and problems.
- Reviews and evaluates all variances on component parts that do not meet prescribed tolerances and obtains deviation approval when required. Conducts and/or supervises studies to determine cause, effect and corrective measure to remedy deviations from established Quality Standards-Problem Solving/Corrective Action.
- Conducts customer and supplier visitations as require on specific quality issues.
- Analyzes yield of SMT processes to ensure process capabilities and throughput.
- Provides training and back-up as requested by Supervisor.
- Performs other functions as assigned under supervision of senior staff or Supervisor.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3 years in the engineering of electronic components or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Web proficiency. Ability to work with detail and accuracy; ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
Analyze problems quickly; sound employee relation skills; attention to detail and ability to keep production area focused on projects; ability to work in teams;
Knowledge of ceramic materials and capacitors; tolerances and fit for parts; Mil specifications and Customer specifications; chemicals and materials
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a manufacturing position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)