EpiBone is a clinical-stage company that develops revolutionary tissue engineered products for skeletal repair. EpiBone is offering a challenging and unique opportunity to work at an early stage company and support clinical translation of innovative regenerative stem cell therapies. We are seeking a Research Scientist with expertise in Cartilage Tissue Engineering who will be responsible for the research and development of a portfolio of cartilage products. The responsibilities include developing research plans, performing experiments, documenting results, and presenting technical findings to the R&D team, management team, and external scientific community.
- Developing the process and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for fabricating tissue engineered cartilage products.
- Design and execute experiments for scientific investigation and process optimization to translate cartilage products towards the clinic.
- Works in a highly regulated, collaborative team environment to translate tissue engineered cartilage products.
- Maintain proper documentation of research results according to good documentation practices.
- Perform accuracy check of experiments.
- Handle biological materials from animal and human subjects.
- Organize and present high-quality analytical data at group, department, and cross-functional team meetings.
- Evolve and grow with the team as the product evolves from pre-clinical to clinical stage.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
PhD or equivalent experience in biomedical engineering, biology, material science, and/or related fields.
2-4 years of experience in cartilage tissue engineering and mesenchymal stem cell culture is highly desired.
- Demonstrate critical scientific thinking, self-initiative, and teamwork ability.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain accurate scientific records.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Able to support management and work in cross-functional teams that evolve quickly.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Proficient in standard research software (Statistic, Microsoft Office, image analysis, etc).
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Ability to lift 25lbs equipment on a regular basis.
**Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter and CV for consideration**
EpiBone, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EpiBone ,Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- cartilage tissue engineering & mesenchymal stem cell culture: 2 years (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Please submit a cover letter with application