Diversified Project Services International (DPSI) is a leader in engineering, surveying, planning, permitting, inspection, and construction services. We serve clients in the petroleum, chemical, and power industries as well as commercial and residential development, energy, public agencies, schools, military and agriculture. (DPSI) is an equal opportunity employer.
Civil Engineer I will perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of land development, oilfield, and public infrastructure. Facilities include, but are not limited to: roads, storm drain, and water and sewage systems.
Essential Job Function
- Provide design of land development, oil field, or public agency projects with working directly with a lead engineer or project manager.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Other duties as apply.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Great verbal and oral communication
- Able to give and receive guidance
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or closely related field
- Possess a California P.E. license in Civil Engineering
- Must possess 1-3 years’ experience in Civil Engineering and Design
- Must possess 1-3 years’ experience using ACAD, equivalent classroom experience acceptable.
Job Type: Full-time