Regular - Full-Time
McCain knows the importance that food plays in people's lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. That is why our purpose is celebrating real connections through delicious, planet-friendly food. We do this by succeeding together with our teams, business and community partners around the world - because we know when we work and grow together, we succeed together. Be a part of our family.
McCain Foods is seeking an Agriculture Technology Lead to join our growing team!
This role is responsible for NA agricultural technology evaluation, development, and implementation with primary focus on their region of responsibility.
Equipped with a mind designing for future, highly collaborative and intensely inquisitive for open innovation, this individual seeks and creates opportunities to optimize raw material utilization and value, by actively engaging and collaborating with production, engineering, technical service, supply chain, and quality teams.
Location Position can be based out of any one of our NA McCain Facilitates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adopt automation and digital systems for agriculture raw material characterization for proactive processing decision making and optimized grower payment structure.
- Understand and support grading process within identified region including audit, calibration, and contribute to continuous improvement on operation efficiency for all internal and external grading labs across NA.
- Utilize controls & integration technology to bridge agriculture and plant visualization to create streamlined communication and process transparency.
- Use data to identify needs for and justify new equipment or technology to drive alignment with finished good specifications.
- Methodically compare multiple pieces of equipment to determine which is most suitable for a specific application and build a case for the decision.
- Utilize strong mechanical skills to plan, develop, and commission change in raw material grading and handling processes.
- Lead bin sampling within identified region; identify compelling pattern to model and connect harvesting bin-sample data with field, storage and daily delivery data to build predictive raw quality model to assist raw scheduling.
- Enhance raw material supply planning and scheduling processes by effectively managing and utilizing digital software systems and collaborating with raw material procurement and supply chain teams
- Build strong relationships at the plant levels in the areas of Production, Agriculture, and Controls to maintain influence and efficiency in changes to the processes.
- Promote a culture of truth inquiry behind numbers, advise on implications for products and processes, and drive evidence-based decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical areas such as engineering.
- Mechanical, electrical and instrumentation knowledge and experience preferred.
- Industry experience in agriculture/ manufacturing / engineering / data analytics preferred.
- Experience or working knowledge with project management methodology, process improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma), and SAP systems.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% as required based on project load.
- Inquisitive mindset, logic reasoning to experiment cause and effect for evidence hunting.
- Experience in the use of statistical methods, Design of Experiment and Statistical Process Control
- Self-motivated with proven interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams on abstract projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, anticipate the future and change within the role
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
NA Ag Strategy
NA Ag Operations and Technology
US - United States of America : Idaho : Burley || CA - Canada : Manitoba : Carberry || CA - Canada : Manitoba : Portage la Prairie || CA - Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Bathurst || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Centreville || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Edmundston || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Grand Falls || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Somerville || US - United States of America : Idaho : Boise || US - United States of America : Idaho : Fruitland || US - United States of America : Idaho : Nampa || US - United States of America : Maine : Easton || US - United States of America : Maine : Presque Isle || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Appleton || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Fort Atkinson || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Milwaukee || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Plover || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Rice Lake || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Wisconsin Rapids
McCain Foods (Canada)