For over 50 years, Wausau Homes has been a recognized leader in the home building industry that prides itself on Redefining the Homebuilding Experience.
Our brand promise focuses on taking the stress and anxiety out of the home buying process by providing firm pricing, a firm move-in date and a home customized just the way the customer wants it. The company has built more than 200,000 homes throughout the Midwest, ranging from starter homes to vacation dream homes.
Today, as a market driven company, Wausau Homes has a driving force that is a promise of opportunity for prosperity, success and creating opportunities for all. We are looking for individuals to join our team that share our core values and passion for the building industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Licensed Professional Engineer will lead the structure design team to ensure project standards are being met and provide structural stamping of all projects.
- Collaborate with the project management team to offer assistance with technical details for the
design and building process.
- Prepare and/or check design calculations on projects.
- Review drawings and documents and prepare technical clarifications.
- Provide structural stamping of projects.
- Maintain optimal standards during project management that follow all relevant federal, state,
local and industry guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to improve product design or function.
- Coordinate with design team to create new product lines.
- Adapt design for manufacturing process
- Test and troubleshoot materials, design and functionality.
- Visit physical locations where projects are currently underway to monitor task completion and
ensure the goals are being met.
- Identify, resolve and document problems and coordinate solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- State professional Engineer license
- Three or more years of experience working as an Engineer
- Proficiency in Engineering design programs
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance