***Position can be based in Los Angeles, Orlando or Seattle***
The Disney DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) Operations team is responsible for the operations and support of The Walt Disney Company DDI systems; to includes virtual worlds, flagship Web sites Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com to name a few. The DDI team provides Operations, Engineering and Architecture support for the infrastructure appliances, NIOS, and dedicated vendor software.
Contributor in the development of the DDI Operations Strategy and organizational strategies.
Responsible for contributing to strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of DDI Operations.
Ensure that all new DDI services are deployed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business, and validate the final service meets operational needs of the business.
Coach new team members on a proactive basis, raising the team’s overall technical acumen
Work with service provider partner to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services
Act as subject matter expert for DDI Operations Analysts.
Develop knowledge of industry best practices regarding DDI Operations
Process design responsible for developing operational procedures. Document existing processes, evaluate them within the context of availability and maintainability of DDI Services
Identify areas in need of process documentation and work with the teams to create documents.
Responsible for creating and updating operational run-books in support of the Disney DGN Grid.
The ideal candidate with have experience in automating DNS workflows. A subject matter expert who can build automated DNS workflows that understands what DNS can and can’t do. Support escalation requests from analysts and internal customers.
Preferred Advanced Technical Knowledge/Experience
- Experience with Infoblox a plus
- DNS (GTM) load balancing
- DNS Bind experience
- DNS, DHCP, IP Management (DDI)
- VMware experience
- Linux experience
- TCP/IP protocols, subnet masking
- Scripting and programming language experience in Python
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of internet protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Beneficial Technical Knowledge/Experience
- APM, AFM, ASM and/or other modules
- Radius / TACACS infrastructure experience
ITIL V3 and advanced certification is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience in related field is required