The Medford operation has an immediate opening for an experienced Screed Operator to join an experienced paving crew. Duties will include operation of paving screed, operation of other equipment used for the paving operation (such as roller, skid-steer, etc.) with some raking and shoveling as needed. Work mainly performed in the southern Oregon counties with some additional travel required.
This is an Operating Engineers Local 701 position which requires membership upon hire. Good wage and excellent benefit package. You will work on public and private projects.
- Previous experience operating screed for asphalt paving is required.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, push, pull and be on your feet for long periods of time, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate and work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- Work safely and take action to prevent any unsafe actions.
- Take pride in your work and the quality of the final product.
- Have flexibility in schedule for overtime and weekends when needed.
Drug test and physical capacities required.
How To Apply:
Online or mail completed application to Knife River Materials, Attn: HR, PO Box 1145, Medford, OR 97501.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Put your skills to work with us!!
At Knife River Materials we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life.
We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. Below are an example of some of the many jobs within the military that are transferable to this position:
Pavement and Construction Equipment Journeyman
Construction Equipment Supervisor, Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
Equipment Operator, Advanced Equipment Operator
Basic Engineer, Construction and Equipment Marine