Darrah Electric Co. is seeking a self motivated and experienced Mechanical Engineer.
Darrah Electric Co. is an innovative company, located in Cleveland Ohio, that manufactures high power electronic equipment and products for a variety of industries around the globe. We are expanding into new markets and are looking for the right employees to grow with us. We are an EOE & a drug free workplace that offers competitive salaries and benefits.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Serve as a team’s mechanical engineer for manufacturing improvements and/or multiple simultaneous projects. Ensure that engineering design activities are carried out timely and accurately.
- Work closely with electrical engineers and manufacturing designing with product and system- wide perspective.
- Perform, instruct and supervise testing of new designs along with electrical Engineers.
- Work with Manufacturing to improve quality, manufacturability and value of new designs.
- Support quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives on existing products.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Interact with suppliers, customers, distributors, and sales on an occasional basis.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with VP of Engineering on unusual matters.
- Capable of making decisions to keep projects moving.
- Associates or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- SolidWorks with knowledge of PDM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities.
- Initiative to take ownership of product designs.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
- Designing Sheet metal products, creating 3D Models, drawings and assembly instructions
- Creating Bills Of Materials
- Create Assembly Drawing and instructions
- Design AC/DC Rectifiers or other power conversion products
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time