We have an immediate opening for a software engineer at our headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia. This career opportunity will put you directly in the mix between technology and the business; finding solutions to challenges to drive innovation.
The primary responsibilities of this position will center around being the technical leader and mentor to junior developers on your team who will work closely with product owners, analysts and development team to uncover, test and deliver in an agile environment.
- Design, code, test and implement applications using ASP.Net, C# that interact with managed MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Take part in Architecture design sessions and code reviews
- Support of on-going and future software projects.
- Self-manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with staff, management team, vendors, and end users.
- Participate in full development life-cycle from requirements gathering, estimating, design, development, and implementation.
- Perform quality control, trouble shooting, code review and standard data validation practices prior to production release.
- Teach and train other team members in relevant development concepts
- Assist in the documentation and cataloging of developed software.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology preferred
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and familiarity with software design patterns.
- 5-7 plus years developing software using Microsoft ASP.NET (C#), SQL 2008/2012, Oracle, WCF, XML/ Web services; RESTFUL APIs and JSON highly desired
- Experience working with two or more from the following: configuring and deploying applications using Microsoft stack, public cloud experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS, Continuous Integration tools, Continuous Deployment tools and API development using .Net or Java in DevOps model.
- 3 years of experience in developing and execute automated test scenarios, scripts for unit, integration, regression, and functional testing; 2 years of experience with any ETL tools preferably Informatica; 2 year experience in Agile practices, TDD & ATD
- Ability to mentor junior developers in best practices, procedures and concepts; creative ideas and a passion for learning and discovering
- Proven ability to influence the technical direction of others in order to successfully meet the business objectives small to large projects
- The ability to understand a business problem and the technical solution, and be able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary
Job Type: Full-time
- Oracle: 3 years (Required)
- C#: 3 years (Required)
- SQL 2008/2012: 3 years (Required)
- Asp.Net: 3 years (Required)
- ETL: 1 year (Preferred)