What motivates you? If the answer is a position where you can develop your skills and earn opportunities for advancement while being part of a forward looking team then this is what awaits you in a career at BAE Systems. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced combat vehicle systems. From the M109A7 Mobile Howitzer with its long range firepower to the Amphibious Combat Vehicle that transports America’s Marines from ship to shore, we are developing the technology of tomorrow while delivering the most cutting-edge equipment available today. Our flexible work environment provides every opportunity to positively impact the company without giving up your personal life and we welcome all those who understand the importance of improving production velocity, having big ideas, and craving innovation. We draw strength from our diversity and always put our customers first through an unwavering commitment to bring the warfighter home safe. Does this sound like a team you want to be a part of? If so, come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking an Industrial Engineer to implement continuous improvement projects and develop discrete event simulations in support of the production of components for armored military vehicle. In this position, you will be supporting the Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business at our Aiken, SC facility. This position will report onsite.
Successful performance in this role includes meeting milestones for factory set up and improvement efforts, integrating solutions to increase capacity, reducing manufacturing hours to achieve production targets, ensuring safe practices in manufacturing areas, and developing simulations that add value to the organization.
The candidate must be comfortable with soliciting input through face to face interaction and, in general, must demonstrate that they possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills that will support individual and team growth. A strong background in discrete event simulation, specifically with the use of SIMIO, is also necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Continuous Improvement
- Determining the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow
- Establishing methods for maximum utilization of facilities and personnel
- Conducting studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, and the purchase/lease/maintenance of equipment
- Designing factory layouts that align with the overall plan and vision for the manufacturing site
- Collaborating with various internal departments that include Program Management, Production Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Facilities, Purchasing, Finance, and Operations to develop a world class manufacturing facility
- Developing and deploying a framework to sustain the utilization of lean principles
- Reducing waste, rework, and cycle times
- Production Simulation
- Developing, configuring, debugging, testing, and analyzing of simulations for varied fabrication and testing processes.
- Working with engineering and operations teams to identify production bottlenecks
- Delivering strategic inputs for manufacturing plans, labor targets, productivity improvements, operations strategy and manufacturing readiness valuations
- Running What-If Scenarios to evaluate staffing, capacity, and schedule requirements
- Working with other Industrial Engineers to link simulations between sites
- Build Internal and External Customer Relationships
- Working with other Industrial Engineers and Site leadership to establish relationships with program liaisons and operations management to drive scheduling and recovery plan discussions
- Engaging in regular communications with production support, planning, logistics, quality, manufacturing supervisors, and direct labor workforce to assess operations performance.
- Collaborating with production management and cross-functional teams to document manufacturing constraints and identify process improvement/lean manufacturing opportunities
- Summarizing and presenting output data from simulations to internal customers (manufacturing, program, functional, and executive leadership)
- Summarizing and presenting output data from studies and simulations to the external customer
- Delivering strategic inputs for manufacturing plans, labor targets, productivity improvements, operations strategy and manufacturing readiness evaluations
- Utilizing data to gain buy in from a diverse group of stakeholders
- Personal Development
- Participating on projects outside of day-to-day scope to maintain IE skills and Knowledge
- Sharing responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor
- Maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aiken, SC: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Discrete Event Simulation: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location