Position will primarily focus on improving shop floor operations in terms of graphite machining, process technologies, work area optimization, production equipment preventive maintenance (PM), material handling, fabrication methodology, and plant infrastructure.
- Develop evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows for enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
- Provide engineering design support for machine fixturing, tooling, material handling equipment, and safety devices.
- Assist Production Manager with projects and/or provide technical advice.
- Develop detailed plans and justification for new/replacement equipment.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according-to specifications and quality standards.
- Develop and support program for maintaining plant equipment.
- Support EHSA initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required that are in support of the production department including projects overlapping with Mechanical Design, Project Management, Quality Control and other SGL sites.
- 4 year college degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 2 years work experience in a manufacturing or job shop environment, preferred
- Experience in leading work groups and or supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD, SolidEdge and SAP are a plus.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well without close supervision and make effective decisions
- Very strong analysis/problem solving skills
- Strong math and statistical process control skills
- Must be able to encourage and foster teamwork, including the ability to persuade others to provide necessary information / data for process evaluation
- Experience with general machining and material handling equipment
Well organized, team player with strong analytical skills and good interpersonal skills
Special Instructions to Applicants