Join an entrepreneurial team of dedicated engineering and technical services consultants that work to improve and strengthen America’s energy infrastructure. At LSC, we are committed to safeguarding the well-being of people and the environment without compromise in a fast-paced, high energy environment. LSC supports client projects ranging from pipeline construction to plant design, allowing our teams to gain a breadth of in-depth experience while making a positive impact in the exciting energy market. We want you to join our team and make an impact!
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a position as a CAD Survey Technician at our home office in Duluth, MN.
The CAD Survey Technician will assist the survey team with creating and modifying CAD drawings. This will include creating, modifying, receiving a basic red lined drawings and making the associated changes to the drawing. These drawings are then used to create bidding and construction documents for the client.
In addition, this individual will be expected to understand various types of surveys and survey equipment. Field work for this role is expected to be around 20-25%. They will work closely with a Survey Crew Chief to aid in the collection of field data, laying out construction sites, and marking underground utilities.
- Perform a wide range of drafting tasks.
- Prepare plans, layouts, assembly drawings, detail drawings and sketches as directed by engineers.
- Revise existing drawings as required and correct “As Built” drawings.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate design and drawing archives and revision history.
- Effectively communicate while working in a team environment across multiple office locations.
- Obtain a general understanding of any overall project goals, constraints, and schedule requirements
- Proactively provide status updates, discuss challenges, and address plan revisions
- Deliver complete and accurate drawings within schedule parameters
- Assist with locating underground utilities using locating equipment
- Support survey crew in a professional and proficient manner
- Be professional when interacting with clients, contractors, and landowners
- Follow all safety procedures put into place
- Construction staking
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment and other issues that may occur
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Minimum of 5 years related experience preferred
- AAS degree in drafting and design, engineering, or related field
- Have an intermediate understanding of AutoCAD (Civil 3d)
- Completes projects using quality and ethical principles and techniques
- Ability to hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a DOT and company required drug and alcohol test
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to work extra hours when project demands
- Be able to pass an Autodesk products skills test
- Travel up to 20-25%
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation. Routinely use standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets. Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Frequent periods of standing for extended periods.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to weather including hot and cold climates.
- Ability to work long hours when projects demand.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Incentive compensation and bonus plans
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (twelve per year)