Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific. Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work. Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
Dyno Nobel is seeking an experienced Mechanical Static Engineer to join their dynamic team located in Deer Island, OR. Reporting to the R&I Manager, you will be the expert in leading the Static Equipment Reliability effort for the site through collaboration between the Strategic Engineering specialist resources and the operations teams. You will be part of a dynamic team that manages the mechanical effectiveness, daily operations, overall plant safety, product quality and environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- A generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgy, materials, mechanical, civil, manufacturing or chemical engineering.
- Qualifications such as API 510, 570, 571, 579, 653 and 581 preferred or working towards certification.
- 4+ years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering of a petrochemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment with 3+ years in the field of the reliability of static plant equipment.
- Knowledge of static plant equipment and good knowledge of materials, failure mechanisms, fabrication and repair processes and procedures
- Ensure that all static plant equipment assets at the Plant have effective Reliability and Capability Life Plans and maintenance strategies
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners to ensure that preventive & predictive maintenance work orders in SAP PM are aligned with equipment maintenance strategies.
- Complete equipment failure investigations using root cause analysis techniques.
- Conduct engineering statistical reliability studies from the risk assessments, criticality data, corrective maintenance history, and failure history.
- Assure compliance to relevant external statutory regulation and internal plant and engineering standards and communicating such requirements to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure application of Company Management of Change policies and standards.
- Implementation and Auditing of Standards and Guidelines in collaboration with Principal Engineers and Operations Personnel.
- Undertake and organize technical investigations, inspections, studies and surveys, and analyzing all historical data, to determine static plant equipment risk and criticality.
- Continuous update and review of static plant equipment items in the operational risk registers. Implement effective controls and improvement actions (elimination/reduction).
- Collaboration with Operations, Turnaround, and Project functions in effective identification & scoping of requirements. Execution of technical R&I role during turnarounds.
- Support tactical response to address equipment deficiencies in an effective & timely manner during turnarounds.
_Indeed Hire and Dyno Nobel are working together to find the best candidate for this job._
*By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.*
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- Risk Management: 2 years (Required)
- Safety Management: 2 years (Required)
- petrochemical plant maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- SAP: 2 years (Required)
- API/RBI: 2 years (Required)