Simulating a fusion energy generator is a multiphysics problem. At Helion, we use the Ansys platform to model, test, and optimize our prototypes. In this role, you will expertly model how our real-world equipment operates. You will help Helion break the fusion barrier.
- Use Ansys simulation tools to model our fusion generator:
- Ansys Mechanical to model the structural integrity of the generator.
- Ansys Fluent to model the thermal and fluid dynamics within the generator.
- Ansys HFSS to maximize the energy transfer from the diagnostics devices to the plasma.
- Ansys SPEOS to optimize and verify thermal sensors in the generator.
- Postgraduate STEM degree
- 7+ years experience ANSYS
- Expert knowledge of Solidworks and SpaceClaim
- Advanced proficiency with ANSYS pre/post-processors (including scripting) and HPC
- Familiarity with structural, thermal, and electromagnetic nonlinear analyses
- Superb technical writing skills
About Helion Energy:
Helion Energy is the world's leading fusion energy company – we aren't just dreamers with an idea, we are a world-class team realizing a goal - making safe, clean, energy a reality today. Helion has broken the traditional barriers that have held fusion back and is a decade ahead of any other competitor.
The most important thing for us is our culture. We are an agile organization that is able to adapt rapidly and empower those with talent and initiative. We are a highly connected and team-based workforce. The No. 1 quality we look for is the ability to visualize a future that is very different from what exists today. No. 2 is the ability to be a real-time decision-maker.
Helion Energy embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)