Detroit, Michigan, United States
Description & Requirements
MECHANICAL ENGINEER – Royal Oak, MI –
Our Client is currently seeking a full time, direct hire Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer will provide expertise in the technical aspects of mechanical project design including code compliance, specifications, system integration and constructability.
What it is like to work here:
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. Our Team of Teams approach provides a linkage between all employees that gives us the ability to think and act as a unit and as we grow allow new employees to be successful at a rapid pace.
At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We continue to build a culture of empowering our employees, giving them opportunities to be the best they can be within a variety of communities, both internal and external, so that we all learn, grow, and give. Whether you come join us in our Michigan offices of Holland, Grand Rapids and Royal Oak or Indianapolis, Indiana, your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination. Come be a part of designing the future.
What you will get to do:
- Participate in project team meetings and attend construction meetings with the client and project manager.
- Build collaborative professional working relationship with various disciplines.
- Prepare building models, detailed construction documents, construction documents, load analysis, equipment sizing, ductwork sizing, hydronic system design, and specifications.
- Develop expertise in a wide variety of complex and high efficiency mechanical systems.
- Regularly communicates with Project Manager(s) and team members to understand any changes to project design, scope, schedule and budget. Complete work in a timely manner and alert team members when a change in scope of work changes.
- Create and maintain a positive relationship of trust with Clients regarding your area of expertise.
What are some of the requirements to work for us?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant mechanical system design
- Ability to coordinate work with multidisciplinary project teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the creation and interpretation of construction drawings and specifications, mechanical standards, regulations, and building codes
- Ability to successfully prioritize work, manage multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
What might set you apart from other candidates?
- Skill in the use of Autodesk Revit to produce mechanical design documents.
- Comfort with communicating professionally with internal and external customers across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated passion for the field of mechanical engineering and architectural engineering consulting field
- Excellent communication skills