About the Opportunity
The Elyria Site (Lear Romec Brand) offers the most reliable positive displacement pumps in the industry industry consisting of vane, gerotor, and spur gear configurations. Products include lube and scavenge pumps that are ETOPS rated; high contamination resistance gerotor pumps for oil applications; high pressure spur gear pumps; centrifugal fuel pumps and centrifugal coolant pumps. Our pumps are used on many General Aviation, business jet, commercial transport, and military aircraft applications.
We are looking for a CMM Programmer for our Fluid Management Group at our Elyria, OH facility. In this position, you will work closely with all functional groups to develop and support CMM programs, Inspection Plans, and Operator Certification Programs related to inspecting, validating, and documenting the integrity of components and assemblies manufactured throughout the facility consistent with Lear Romec’s quality and manufacturing excellence goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create new and correct/modify/rewrite existing CMM Inspection programs and Inspection Plans, providing the appropriate level of floor support, training, and troubleshooting to insure successful introduction and sustained use in the manufacturing environment.
- Define, design, order, review, and implement as required all tooling, fixtures, and computer hardware / software associated with inspection of components or assemblies on specified CMM machinery.
- Define complete inspection operational details such as instrumentation and / or gages to be used (CMM or conventional) required to completely qualify the component or sub-assembly.
- Participate in various problem solving and corrective action teams where the inspection techniques developed (CMM or conventional) are utilized to evaluate root causes, generate data driven solutions and provide sound lasting corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Lead various operator certification teams throughout the facility aimed at strengthening the inspection skills of our operators, empowering them to certify the components and assemblies they manufacture. Operator Certification efforts may include, but are not limited to, training of inspectors / operators in the proper use of inspection equipment (CMM or conventional), training inspection personnel in the proper technique of auditing certified operators, and creating / maintaining formal documentation regarding the training / certification status of the workforce.
- Conduct periodic review of existing inspection equipment / techniques and define / implement cost effective replacements as technology allows.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in CMM Programming, inspection, preferred measurement, and designing holding fixtures experience.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of/experience with Geometric Dimension & Tolerance interpretation and blueprints
- Skills: * Strong in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook)
- Measure Max, Visual Basic, Demas, Zeiss Calypso 5.6-6.9 knowledge / experience extremely desirable
- Ability to write work instructions
- Solid modeling experience (Pro Engineer / Unigraphics) beneficial
- Assess, trouble shoot, and provide resolution to technical problems in a timely, cost effective manner
- Education/Certification: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering Preferred or equivalent manufacturing/programming/inspection experience.
- Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance